The SmileMobile is a three-chair modern dental offices on wheels that brings oral health services to children, teens and pregnant women who have no limited options for dental care; the SmileMobile has traveled across the state since July 1995 and provided services to over 44,000 patients.
- The SmileMobile, treats an average of 70 patients each week.
- Working in three dental operatories, a full-time dentist and local volunteer dental professionals provide a range of services, from examinations and preventive services to fillings and simple oral surgery. Individuals with comprehensive needs or dental fears will be referred to local or nearby dental clinics.
- Accepts Medicaid (Apple Health) and offers a nominal sliding fee scale based on family income and size.
Crisis in Oral Health Care
- Tooth decay is the single most common chronic disease of early childhood, 5 times more than asthma.
- One in six 3rd graders suffers from rampant decay (decay in 7 or more teeth).
- Cavities cause pain, loss of sleep and missed school days.
The SmileMobile program, is a partnership between Arcora Foundation and Seattle Children’s Hospital and supported by its parent organization, Delta Dental of Washington.
- Schools, churches, Boys & Girls Clubs, local health departments, community centers, medical/clinics, organizations and state agencies provide volunteer support services.
- The Arcora Foundation is the state’s largest foundation committed to improving oral health and supports innovative programs and legislation focused on preventing oral disease, expanding access to dental care and increasing awareness of the importance of oral health and overall health.